For over 20 years, Daneta has been working with local companies that focus on product design engineering, helping them to elevate the importance of design in the protection of their commercial products.
At the other end of the spectrum, Daneta manages Australian patent portfolios for large multinational engineering companies, streamlining processes whilst seeking to optimise their scope of protection.
Daneta is well versed in preparation, prosecution and registration procedures for designs, both in Australia and overseas, and has an extensive design registration practice. She also assists clients with navigating crowded patent landscapes in various technology niches.
Daneta is well versed in developing enforcement strategies in respect of both Australian and overseas infringements. She regularly assists clients in securing cease and desist orders where infringements have occurred.
In a standout case, Daneta developed an international enforcement strategy on behalf of a local client against a Chinese infringer. She secured a successful outcome by obtaining a preliminary injunction in Germany, which was then served on the first day of a trade show.
- Recognised as a ‘Top 250 Women in IP’ by Managing Intellectual Property, 2019, 2021-2022
- Named as a ‘Patent Star’ by IP Star, Managing Intellectual Property, 2019-2022
- Ranked as a ‘Recommended Individual’ by IAM Patent 1000, 2019-2022
- Bachelor of Engineering in Product Design Engineering – Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering and Industrial Design, Swinburne University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne
- Registered Trans-Tasman Patent Attorney
- Associate Member, Design Institute of Australia
- Fellow, Institute of Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Member of Designs Legislation and Practice Committee, Institute of Patent and Trade Marks Attorneys of Australia
- Chair, Swinburne University of Technology, External Advisory Committee for Product Design Engineering