Dedicated to showing innovators how to successfully navigate the patent world.
Alister’s background in mechanical engineering has given him a broad practice, with experience in a variety of technologies from fasteners to medical devices to offshore engineering to consumer products.
And in the dynamic sector of renewable energy and clean technology, Alister supports clients active in power generation and transmission, as well as energy storage and efficiency.
This expertise, couple with a wealth of first-hand experience practicing before Patent Offices in Europe, Australia and New Zealand, see Alister uniquely positioned to assist all forms of innovators in successfully navigating the patent world.
Whether that’s creating value with a patent portfolio spanning jurisdictions on every continent, to simply blocking a local competitor with a single Australian patent, Alister is dedicated to ensuring that patents work for his clients: whether they be a sole inventor, start-up, SME’s or multinational corporation.
Whilst his current practice tends towards the various aspects of preparing and prosecuting patent and design applications, Alister has extensive experience with contentious proceedings before the European, Australian and New Zealand Patent Offices.
Alister also prepares opinions on patent validity and infringement, due diligence evaluations of patent portfolios and has previously provided patent attorney support in a number of cross-border litigation proceedings.
Alister regular authors articles on topics of interest to his clients to keep them abreast of latest developments.
- Ranked as a ‘Notable Practitioner’ by IP Star, Managing Intellectual Property, 2020-2021
- Named as a ‘Rising Star’ by IP Stars, Managing Intellectual Property, 2018-2019
- Bachelor of Engineering (with Honours) in the field of Mechanical Engineering, Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- Master of Intellectual Property, University of Technology Sydney
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, The College of Law
- European Qualifying Examination, European Patent Office
- Registered Trans-Tasman Patent Attorney
- Institute of Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)