Clients rely on Desmond for his extensive patent drafting and prosecution skills across the areas of manufacturing and processes, communications systems, acoustics devices, bio-mechanical medical devices, semiconductor devices, payment services, medical diagnostic devices, materials and electro-mechanical devices.
With years of IP experience behind him, Desmond is a much sought after attorney when it comes to IP enforcement and registration of designs. He also offers seasoned IP arbitration and mediation services.
As in-house patent counsel at a multinational consumer electronics corporation in his early career, Desmond was instrumental in setting up systems and processes for generating and optimising IP assets and managing costs.
Passionate about helping businesses at all levels achieve sustainable success, Desmond works with a wide range of clients, from individuals to multinational corporations. He is always eager to share his insights and experience through information sharing and client engagement sessions.
Desmond is a two-term past President of the Association of Singapore Patent Attorneys (ASPA). As the current Vice President, he works closely with the President, providing guidance and insight from his own extensive experience in the role.
He is also spearheading efforts to improve online engagement within ASPA, ensuring that the Association remains relevant in the IP ecosystem, both in Singapore and on a global scale.
Desmond is a strong believer in the role of patent attorneys as an indispensable pillar of Singapore’s wider standing as an IP hub in Asia. He is a passionate advocate for the positive progression of the profession.
- Ranked as a ‘Patent Star’ by IP Stars, Managing Intellectual Property, 2023
- Ranked as a ‘Recommended Individual’ by IAM Patent 1000, 2020-2023
- Recognised as a ‘Global Leader’ by IAM Strategy 300, 2021-2022
- Recognised as a ‘Top 50 IP Expert in Singapore’ by Asia IP, 2022
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical), (Second Class Honours), National University of Singapore
- Graduate Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, National University of Singapore
- Registered Patent Attorney, Singapore
- Vice President, Association of Singapore Patent Attorneys
- Patent Sub-Committee Representative for Singapore, Asian Patent Attorneys Association