Julie is a patent scientist specialising in agrochemistry, oil production chemistry, materials chemistry and industrial chemistry. She assists in the prosecution of patent portfolios for local inventors, start-ups and established companies, universities and research institutes, and large multinational companies.
Julie’s first-hand experience as both a researcher and an inventor has been the catalyst behind her passion for helping inventors navigate patent systems and translate their research into assets.
In her early career as a chemistry researcher at Clariant Produkte Deutschland, Julie’s main focus was formulation chemistry. Her research involved new product development and formulations for oil production, mining, home care, personal care and crop protection.
Julie is experienced in drafting patent specifications and prosecuting patent applications in Australia, New Zealand, the USA, Europe and throughout Asia. Coupled with her background in chemistry, she defends her client’s rights in patent opposition proceedings in Australia and New Zealand.
She also has experience in searching patent databases and analysing patent search results in a variety of chemical technology areas.
Julie has also worked on patent portfolios in a wide range of other areas of chemical technology, including organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry, pharmaceuticals, pharmacology and formulation science, polymers, food and beverage technologies, and personal care compositions.
Type of clients
- Start-ups and established companies
- Local inventors
- Universities and research institutes
- Large multinational companies
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (First Class Honours), The University of Queensland
- Doctorate in Chemistry (Magna cum laude), The University of Goettingen
- Master of Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne
- Registered Trans-Tasman Patent Attorney
- Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Royal Australian Chemical Institute