Commencing her intellectual property career in 2007, although serendipitously, Akanksha hasn’t looked back. For Akanksha, it’s the combination of tech and law that keeps her hooked. Over the years, Akanksha has gained wide-ranging experience in patent prosecution, patent analytics, and portfolio management by working for different types of businesses including IP service firms, a large multinational corporation, and patent attorney firms.
Akanksha’ s practice primarily includes preparing and prosecuting patent applications in Australia and internationally. She also has extensive experience in conducting infringement, validity, and freedom to operate assessments. She is an expert in dealing with complex patentable subject matter rejections.
She enjoys working closely with local clients, which gives her the opportunity to help setup and manage internal IP processes for clients, educate engineers on the importance of IP, and help clients capture and assess their inventions.
- Named as a ‘Rising Star’ by IP Stars, Managing Intellectual Property, 2018-2019
- Ranked as a ‘Notable Practitioner’ by IP Star, Managing Intellectual Property, 2020-2021
- Awarded the ‘Institute Prize’ by the Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA) for being the best new qualified patent attorney that year, 2016
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics & Telecommunications), University of Pune, India
- Master of Engineering (Telecommunications), University of Melbourne
- Master of Intellectual Property Law, University of Technology, Sydney
- Registered Trans-Tasman Patent Attorney
- Institute of Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand