Working with start-ups through to multinationals to protect inventions in the electrical, computer, optics and software domains.
For over 20 years, Carl has assisted organisations in protecting their intellectual property positions, whether by obtaining patent or design protections or by navigating risks presented by third party IP rights. His experience spans a large range of technologies across the electrical, computer, software and optics fields.
In addition to managing patent portfolios, Carl also assists clients, when required, with contentious matters including patent oppositions, and assistance with patent and design enforcement strategies and defensive strategies.
Carl spent several years working on patent and design litigation strategy for what became, in all likelihood, the largest patent and design litigation proceedings ever conducted in Australia.
Carl ensures that the bigger picture is always in view when preparing strategies for his clients. He assists clients to protect their current and future positions in a way that is consistent with their business objectives.
- Ranked as a ‘Recommended Individual’ by IAM Patent 1000, 2017-2022
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Canterbury
- Master of Engineering in Management, University of Canterbury
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New England
- Registered Trans-Tasman Patent Attorney
- Fellow, Institute of Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)