Excited about helping clients to protect their ideas so they can showcase them to the world.
Big ideas have always captivated Elyse. It’s what guided her academic work in geophysics and planetary science, and remains a constant in her work at FPA.
Elyse has a passion for helping her clients to protect their big ideas, inventions and designs, enabling them to take them onto the global stage. She works closely with clients to understand their business environment and commercial objectives to develop tailored strategies and approaches for obtaining IP rights and protections.
Seeing inventions that she has assisted clients gaining protection for go on to become commercially successful and being used every day is deeply satisfying to her.
Today, Elyse manages patent portfolios for Australian inventors, start-ups and established companies, universities and research institutes, and large multinational companies focusing on inventions in the mining and resources, space and ICT sectors.
Elyse is experienced in drafting and prosecuting patent applications in Australia, New Zealand, the USA, and Europe. Elyse has worked on several contentious patent and design matters in front of the Australian Patent and Design Offices that have obtained successful outcomes for her clients.
Types of clients
- Australian start-ups
- Local inventors
- Universities and research institutions
- Multinational corporations
- Bachelor of Science in Exploration Geophysics (First Class Honours), Macquarie University, Sydney
- Doctor of Philosophy in Earth and Planetary Science, Macquarie University, Sydney
- Master of Intellectual Property, University of Technology, Sydney
- Registered Trans-Tasman Patent Attorney
- Institute of Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)