Amie is a patent engineer in the physics and engineering team specialising in electronic and electrical engineering, physics, quantum computing, and AI and machine learning.
Amie’s doctoral research was in theoretical condensed matter physics with a focus on developing a theoretical understanding of exotic states of matter. Amie had been an invited speaker at international research conferences and has won awards for her talks and poster presentations. During her tenure as a PhD candidate Amie undertook various academic teaching positions within the School of Mathematics and Physics.
In addition to her academic studies Amie has participated in many outreach programs travelling to regional and remote places across Queensland. This outreach work is in collaboration with the wider community and schools, with a particular focus on promoting the fields of STEM to girls and young women.
Type of clients
- Local inventors
- Start-ups and established companies
- Large multinational companies
- Bachelor of Arts/Science (Hons), University of Queensland
- Student member, Institute of Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Australian Institute of Physics (AIP)