Specialising in renewable energy and electrical power systems, and holding both a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Renewable Energy and a Master of Engineering Science in Energy System, David is well placed to assist with inventions addressing some of the world’s most pressing social and environmental issues.
His education, coupled with his previous role as an engineering consultant on renewable electrical power generation, transmission and distribution, is invaluable to clients in the clean energy space.
David has always been fascinated by technology and working in intellectual property allows him to continuously learn about new technologies and provide assistance with bringing those technologies to market. He therefore readily understands a wide range of technologies and in return formulates effective IP strategies for this clients.
David has experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications in Australia and internationally, patent infringement and validity analysis, patent freedom to operate analysis, patent opposition, and patent litigation support.
He also has expertise in industrial design and contentious work, including design infringement and validity analysis, and design freedom to operate analysis.
Type of clients
- Local individual inventors
- Local companies
- Large foreign corporates
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons), University of New South Wales
- Master of Engineering Science, University of New South Wales
- Master of Intellectual Property, University of Technology Sydney
- Registered Trans-Tasman Patent Attorney
- Institute of Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand