Passionate about helping clients to protect their inventions through educated use of the patent system.
Nick is a registered Australian patent attorney practicing primarily in the fields of telecommunications, software, information and communications technology (ICT) and electrical engineering related inventions. He also has a particular interest in recent developments in patentable subject matter law in Australia in respect of software-based inventions.
Nick began his career working for two highly regarded specialist intellectual property law firms in Australia. His wealth of experience in the prosecution and enforcement of patent applications has seen him manage a large number of patent portfolios for local Australian clients, as well as large multinational corporations across a number of jurisdictions.
Working for such a diverse range of clients has given Nick considerable insight into the differing needs of various businesses. And with a passion for working with clients on the cutting edge of technology, Nick is relied on by clients at all levels to provide bespoke, tailored advice which is reflective of their particular market and industry.
Nick provides extensive experience in all aspects of patent prosecution and portfolio management, including:
- Drafting patent specifications.
- Filing and prosecuting patent applications.
- Managing patent portfolios and providing strategic advice.
- Preparing patent validity and infringement advice, and freedom to operate opinions.
- Conducting patent oppositions.
- Ranked as a ‘Recommended Individual’ by IAM Patent 1000, 2022
- Bachelor of Engineering (Telecommunications Engineering) (Hons), University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance/Econometrics), University of Sydney
- Master of Industrial Property Law (Intellectual Property Law), University of Technology, Sydney
- Registered Trans-Tasman Patent Attorney
- Registered Trade Marks Attorney, Australia
- Fellow, Institute of Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)