Principal, Sydney | BSc, LLB, LLM
Direct +61 2 8267 3908
Stuart is a patent attorney and solicitor. He works closely with clients to draft, file and prosecute patent and design applications both in Australia and overseas, and advises them on the strategic management of their intellectual property portfolios.
In addition, Stuart is skilled in advising on complex validity and infringement matters and is experienced in providing specialist assistance in patent and design litigation.
Stuart takes pride in adopting a practical approach. He understands that intellectual property rights are generally pieces of a larger puzzle, and that the best solutions need to take into account the goals of his clients and the broader contexts in which they operate.
Stuart is co-author of the Australia chapter of the 2nd Edition of the Wolters Kluwer text “Industrial Design Rights: An International Perspective”.
Areas of expertise
• Computer Implemented Inventions
• Information and Communications Technology
• Business Methods
• Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing
• Electronic and Electrical Engineering
• Consumer Products
• Bachelor of Science (Computer Science), University of New South Wales
• Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales
• Master of Laws (Intellectual Property), University of Melbourne
• Fellow: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
• Law Society of New South Wales