Principal, Melbourne | BE(Manufacturing & Materials)
Direct +61 3 9288 1405
Tracey’s professional experience encompasses patent, design, trade mark and copyright law in both Australia and New Zealand, though she now specialises in patents and designs for mechanical engineering inventions, including preparation of patent specifications, advice on infringement and international IP portfolio management.
Tracey has also gained considerable experience in patent oppositions in both Australia and New Zealand.
• Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing
• Automotive and Agricultural Engineering
• Industrial and Manufacturing Equipment (machine tools, packaging and safety equipment)
• Mining and Resources
• Medical Technologies (medical engineering and surgical techniques, appliances and devices)
• Security Systems (bank note protection and anti-tampering innovations)
• Civil Engineering (bridge design)
• Building Construction (pre-fabricated building methods and building components)
• Eco-engineering (sustainable building design, recycling systems and water desalination)
• Pneumatic and Hydraulic Engineering (railway braking systems)
• Electro-mechanical components such as switches and circuit breakers;
• Consumer Products and Design (baby and child care products, footwear and packaging)
• Commercial Furniture Systems
• Gaming Machine Systems
• Food Technology
Tracey joined FPA Patent Attorneys over 10 years ago. Most of her 20 year career has been spent in Australia but includes a five year senior position in New Zealand’s premier firm of patent attorneys, AJ Park.
In 2008, Tracey was appointed to the position of Special Counsel and was recently promoted to Principal, an indication of her experience and standing in the patent profession.
Areas of expertise
• Patent Oppositions
• Mechanical Engineering
• Bachelor of Engineering (Manufacturing & Materials), University of Queensland
• Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
• Fellow: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
Latest articles authored by Tracey Hendy- 3 Rounds to Lucas Mill in Chinese Patent Case - Evidence wins the day - The low-down on the new Victorian Manufacturing Grant
View all articles authored by Tracey Hendy