If you would like to be part of a talented team of individuals who are passionate about the work they do, we invite you to apply for this role at FPA Patent Attorneys. We provide a supportive, inclusive and vibrant team comprising industry leading patent attorneys and support specialists.
With our highly qualified and experienced attorneys, management personnel and support staff, FPA Patent Attorneys has a strong track record in providing a comprehensive suite of services across patent and designs for a broad range of Australian and international clients, ranging from start-up technology businesses to Fortune 500 multinationals, public research institutions and universities. We are looking for an experienced assistant looking to move into the Intellectual Property (IP) space.
We are looking for a full time patent assistant to join our Chemistry/Biology Team in Melbourne. This opportunity will provide you with exposure to a wide range of tasks, offering plenty of variety in your work each day. You will work with our Principals and Attorneys to help them manage their practices, provide them with high quality support and assist the team in delivering an exceptional client experience.
What can we offer you?
- We provide a comprehensive induction program and on the job training to ensure you are fully supported throughout your probation and beyond.
- Our buddy/ mentor system provides ongoing training and support, setting you up for success.
- Our employees tell us we offer a friendly, welcoming and approachable work culture. We value collaboration, intellectual curiosity and innovation. Our Vision – ‘Best Environment, Best Minds, Best Work, Best Clients’ – guides us and we provide a respectful, inclusive and fun workplace in which our dedicated team provides strategic and valued advice to our clients.
- Access to a wide range of employee benefits including mental and physical well-being programs and reimbursements.
- Flexible work arrangements and a hybrid working model.
- Ongoing coaching as well as career and learning & development opportunities.
- A defined Employee Value Proposition that answers the question, ‘what’s in it for me?’ when considering FPA as your next employer.
- As part of the Assistant team, consistently provide high quality support to assigned Principals and Attorneys.
- Consistently deliver high quality work and an exceptional client experience,
- Managing workflow and completing work in accordance with client special requirements/instructions.
- Establishing effective work practices to manage a matter from creation to completion ensuring Inprotech database reflects current case status.
- Generating client matter reports and WIP reports for billing.
Who this opportunity will suit
We are seeking a self-driven, proactive person with 1-2 years’ experience EITHER within an IP firm, professional services or as a secretary/EA in a corporate role. High attention to detail and accuracy are critical. A market competitive salary is on offer and is negotiable depending on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
How to apply, please send us
- Current CV
- A covering letter explaining your interest in the position
All applicants must have an ongoing right to work in Australia.
If you would like to find out more, we encourage you to contact us to start a conversation. Please contact our People & Culture Advisor, Lawra Bello, for further information and a confidential discussion about this opportunity, (03) 8662 7309.
We encourage and welcome applications from people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTIQ+ people of all genders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.